Whether you’re making cake toppers, party hats or garlands, glitter cardstock is a pretty standard material in the handmade party decor world. Some of us cut by machine and some by hand. I generally do both, and I have summarised my favourite features across my 3 favourite brands. The best thing about all three? They are made right here in Australia!
This is by far my favourite glitter card to work with. It has a generous layer of glitter giving it a gorgeous sparkle. It does shed, only because it’s so sparkly, but it is not annoying or at all messy .
- Comes in 10 colours, the most unique being the pale pink
- Most colours come in two sizes, 30cm squares and A4
- 450gsm which is great for products such as cake toppers
Note: I am not certain if this brand is too thick for the Cameo, I will investigate.
House of Paper
- Available in 14 colours, including white & rose gold!
- Comes in 3 sizes, 30cm square, A4, and A5. All sizes come in paper and card options
- 3 shades of gold, including rose gold!
- 230gsm so should work on most cutting machines
- Perfect for projects where the card needs to be rolled as it’s more flexible (confetti cones etc.)
- The black card is black on the back, and it’s got a real luxe look to it
- Low shed but still has good sparkle
So far have only found this one online. It’s unbranded but if you put House of Paper into An eBay search it should come up.
- With 20 colours, this brand is great for when standard tones won’t do
- Have several shade options for silver, green, blue and pink
- 300gsm, so has a decent amount of sturdiness
- One size, 30cm square
- Low shed with good sparkle.
The best thing about Kaisercraft is that they have their own retail stores across Australia. Sadly, they don’t have one in Sydney (but their products are stocked in plenty of bricks and mortar stores everywhere), but here is a list of locations for those in other areas.
There are some other brands, such as American Crafts and Bella Glitz. I am not sure of how they cut because I have never used them. Both of these are stocked in Spotlight, so come in handy when you need to pick some up last minute.
Want access to a VIP group where you exchange ideas and can receive support from fellow crafters for your party decor business? Join the Handmade Party Facebook group.